WALKING GUIDED TOUR OF OLD BAYEUX
Discovery Walks is the expert guiding tour company in Bayeux. The quality of our commentary is unequaled. We pride ourselves in providing a lively and informative tour based on our thorough research, being in rare "dusty old" books or recording old folks' anecdotes and tales. Visuals of ancient times and interaction with your passionate local guide make this tour the very best in Bayeux. Says who? Say our many satisfied clients (See on TripAdvisor). Our warm and welcoming approach to guiding also contributes to the success and reputation of our tour. We equally insist upon providing our tours in only ONE language to prevent the frustration bilingual tours generate. Our favorite comments? "We didn't see the time fly!" "We've learnt so much!".
- The only sightseeing tour of Bayeux exclusively in English!
- Informative: learn about history and architecture
- Enjoyable: listen to old folks tales and anecdotes
- Enticing: enjoy old times visuals, interact with your guide
- More details on the contents of our tour
Please note: our tours will run with a minimum of 2 adults
Exclusively in English
From April 1st to Sept 30th
- At 5.00 pm : 1½ hour tour
April / May / June / Sept only
All year round according to our availability
Minimum 2 adults - Booking is quick and easy
- All year round according to our availability
- Quick and easy to book
- Start time and contents can be adapted
- Decreasing group prices applicable
- Special tour for wheelchair users
We are confident you will find all necessary information on our group or private tours on this website. If you have read through our pages and still have questions, you can contact us on email@example.com or call +33 770 184 653 between the hours of 7.30am to 11pm Paris time, daily. Happy reading!
BAYEUX, A CITY TO DISCOVER!
Bayeux gives the perfect example of the life of a French town throughout the centuries: from Roman to Viking invasions, from the French Revolution to German occupation. Poignant stories or amusing anecdotes will illustrate this visit.
Spared by the D-Day bombings, Bayeux has kept many of its original architectural features - including exceptionally well-preserved town mansions - and landmarks.
Bayeux is also the location of many significant historical events. Among them, let's not forget that Bayeux was the first liberated town during the Normandy invasion of WWII, on June 7th 1944. Important French and international personalities have walked its streets.
Renowned for its Tapestry and its Cathedral , it has also been the site of many industrial trades, whose artifacts are still praised today. You will learn about the importance of the River Aure running right through this beautiful preserved town.
Our sightseeing guided tour is perfect for
- couples who will enjoy the romanticism of this charming medieval town!
- families who want to make the best of their holiday in Normandy and learn about French history and ancient customs in an interactive manner - Quiz are provided for children.
- backpackers who will enjoy being in a group, perfecting their university knowledge
- all English speakers with a couple of hours to spare who want to see the inner Bayeux properly, guided by a passionate local who knows all it has to offer!
You've come to discover the WWII Normandy battlefields and landing beaches, the Tapestry, the coastline, the food... Don't miss out on discovering the heart of Bayeux itself and learn about the origins of Normandy!
Bayeux Sightseeing Tour / Bayeux City Tour / Bayeux Guided Tour / Bayeux Cathedral
Bayeux Tapestry / WWII landing beaches and battlefields
Bayeux Tapestry / WWII landing baches and battlefields