Bayeux is famous for its Tapestry, its War Memorial, the British Cemetery, its new Art and History Museum (MAHB), its cathedral, not to mention its nearby D-Day landing beaches
So why is a walking guided tour of Bayeux
an unmissable addition to a Normandy holiday?!
- To discover Bayeux as a sample of French life throughout the centuries.
- To be led through a maze of intricate little streets.
- To know what to see and how to look at it properly.
- To know what stories are attached to buildings
- To hear stories only inhabitants know
- To learn how to recognize a 14th to an 18th century house.
- To learn about invasions, from Roman to Vikings.
- To discover how Bayeux, first liberated town by the D-Day allies became a pivotal point in the Battle of Normandy.
- To learn about the Resistance and how locals helped during the Occupation
- To appreciate the hidden beauty spots of this town.
- To learn about the different stages of the constructions of our cathedral.
- To learn about the origins of amusing expressions we use everyday.
- To know what's hidden behind those superb big old wooden doors.
Walk, listen, learn and enjoy!
Nothing replaces the knowledge of a local guide!